Thank you from your winner – Will!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Will to tell us about winning I’m an Engineer, and here is what he said…williamavison

Thank you to everyone that has organised and participated in this competition.  I hope that everyone has enjoyed the experience, and that we have been able to open your eyes to engineering as a career choice.

Ever since I finished my degree, outreach and interacting with students and young engineers has been a passion of mine.  I visit schools, give talks, have students for work experience, from ages 6 through to graduates, I work with a whole spectrum to encourage students into engineering.  The issue I have always encountered is not enough money to put together equipment to take with me, and show students something to get hands-on, in order to get them interested.  The money I have won from this competition  is something I have been after for many years now, enough to put some kits together for students to get hands-on and get something working themselves.  This competition has made this possible, where I have had so much trouble before – thank you!

Thank you to the team from I’m an Engineer for making this event possible, and running all the events so well.  From an engineering perspective, all the software ran perfectly and there were no BUGS – very impressive!  This is such a good event to expose students to people that they may not have ordinarily have met.

Thank you to all the students that participated, for all your questions and showing an interest.  I hope you were able to learn a lot during these sessions and get some feedback that you would not have been able to get otherwise.

Science and Engineering is accessible to everyone and although you may struggle with it from time to time, I can promise that it is always worth it.

Many thanks,

Will

Posted on November 22, 2016 modbeth in News | Leave a comment